Wednesday, January 2, 2008

So Far So Good.......

I am on the last chapter of Salem Falls, my first 2008 book for the 888 challenge. It has been a good one but then I really have liked all of Jodi Picoult's books.

I have also completed the first 5 chapters of John. In the past I have found understanding the Bible kind of hard. I mean, I know that sometimes the words that are written can mean so much more than just face value but I just was never able to get some of it to really sink in. I find it wonderful when my dh (Gene) or our pastors explain scripture. It's like a picture has been painted or a light has brightened. For that reason, I have FINALLY realized (after being told 1,000,063 times) that all I have to do is pray about it BEFORE I start reading and God paints that picture and brightens that light and I GET IT!!!!! I am enjoying the Bible as never before. I am reading a couple chapters at night and a couple in the a.m. during quiet time. See there....you really can teach an old dog new tricks!

I hope both of you have had a wonderful start to 2008!

No comments: