Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday Menus

One evening last week, Gene said "Honey, what's for dinner?" and I then told him. Nothing unusual about the question or the answer except he then said................"I wouldn't have to ask if the menu was on your blog".



Smarty pants.



Monday: Roast beef, taters and gravy, collards and beets.
Tuesday: Country fried steak, rice, green beans and corn
Wednesday:Baked fish, mac and cheese, fruit salad and green peas (I just KNOW Annie wants in on this meal..she loves green peas you know!)
Thursday: Teriyaki chicken tenders, fried rice, stir fry veggies
Friday: Philly cheese steak sandwiches, caramelized onions and salad. (I have to prepare extra onions for the little man......he LOVES them....weird huh.)

And by the way, a couple of you wanted to know if Noah will eat all this? Heck no! I just try to have leftovers of what he will eat or he gets a Pb&j! We just keep offering for him to try new things and hopefully, eventually, he will eat a wider variety. The items in green are things he will eat. Very strange....very strange!
Items in orange are things that no one in this house except me will touch.....not even with a ten foot pole.
I have a friend whose mother used to cook 2 or 3 complete meals for dinner so everyone in her house would be happy..........NOT THIS CHICK! I do try to have at least one or two ITEMS that everyone will eat, but, if not....there is always sandwich stuff in the fridge. Help yourself. Oh yeah, and there is always Pb&j!

4 comments:

Gene Smith said...

Tuesday: My favorite - thank you honey!

Love, the smarty pants.

Annie said...

I will plan to come over on Wednesday. You can just leave the peas off my plate. :)

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

Yeah the whole "three complete meals" thing would NEVER fly with me. When I was growing up you either ate it or starved, that is how I care for my nephews and that is how it will be with my kids. My mission is to rid the earth of picky eaters. Besides they always eat good, I just forbid them to be "high maintenance".

Just doing my share for all humanity and for all the servers that will wait on them one day :)