Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Babies! We have babies!!!


RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR FRONT DOOR a mommy and daddy cardinal built a nest in the bush/tree thingy. The nest is right in my line of vision. I can look out the side windows by our front door and clearly see mommy in her nest. I do have to get closer to see our babies. Triplets! We have triplets!!!!!! Can ya'll tell that I am excited? So far, mommy trusts me. I have gotten very close to her and she just blinks her beautiful black eyes at me but doesn't move a muscle. I have half expected her to attack but she hasn't. I think she sees me with "the boy" and maybe understands that I am a mommy too. (ok. maybe that is just what I want to believe)Who knows what goes on in that little birdy brain of hers. Heck. Maybe she just can spot someone with a very large "Elly Mae Clampett" gene and instinctively knows I just love critters and would never cause her and her babies harm. Or maybe she has even seen me gently capture a spider/moth/lizard/tree frog, and release them back into the wild. Ok. Wild may have been an over exaggeration. I release them into our front yard. Anyway.....PICTURES....I HAVE PICTURES!!!!!!!
Somebody FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!

YOU are NOT my MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Pat said...

AWWWWW!!! I want some!!!

April said...

Sweet! I think our cat killed a Cardinal a few days ago, yes he is a cold blooded killer, but again he is a cat. That's what they do.

Please forgive him, he didn't eat it, but something else did.

Yay, I am so glad Spring is here! For you guys and for us!

Jeanie said...

What is on the menu for this week....

Unkempt Mommy said...

Awe! How precious!!! ROFL about the Ellie Mae Clampitt gene! :)