Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Menus, lite

I was sweetly reminded by Southern Girl Now Known As Mommy that I have yet to post my weekly menus. I am using the term sweetly loosely since she did kinda insinuate that without my menus her family would starve and it would be my fault. (see comment on previous post) As my six faithful readers might remember, last week I received a somewhat sarcastic comment from my husband and I called him a name. Well the name is going to be used on Southern Mommy too.......


Smarty Pants!

There. I said it. (for those of you that know her...you also know that she is one of the most precious human beings in the world and I love her much)

OK. I'm sure you are all on the edge of your proverbial seats wondering what in the world I meant by "lite" in the title. Well, I am catering a wedding this Saturday and I am trying to make everything at the last possible minute so I can have it all be as fresh as possible. I am also doing their wedding cake (it is a small wedding or I would not do both the cake and the catering) Anyway. I am also doing my monthly birthday cake for my BFF's office. I will be spending a lot of time in the kitchen, but to my family's dismay, it won't be cookin dinner......sorry.
So, hear goes Monday Menus, the lite edition.

Monday: Hot Dogs and whatever you can find to go with them
Tuesday: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Wednesday: Ham sandwiches
Thursday: Tuna salad or whatever else I can find that is fast as lightning
Friday: For the love of PETE people, I am catering a wedding tomorrow........feed yourselves for crying out loud!!!

(I tend to get a little tense the night before......)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Robin. Just when I think it's so bad over here, you make me laugh so hard I have to run to the potty!!!

Annie said...

You are too funny! My family thanks you for the ideas so now they won't starve. LOL BTW, Grilled Cheese and Tom. Soup is like one of my husband's favorite meals. He's not hard to please. I guess that is why he chose me as a wife. :)

Gene Smith said...

She does get tense, folks, she does... (I love you honey!)

Love from Dallas,

IOV

Jeanie said...

I will be over for dinner..

Love Ya
BFF
PS...the cake was delish

April said...

Durn, how'd I miss this post? Maybe I have been slacking, I dunno.

You are my kinda woman Robin, let them feed themselves once and then they will appreciate you even more! HA! I hope the wedding was a success, I am sure they will fondly remember that wonderful gal who made their food and cake, it gives me great joy to have been able to get a good friend do mine. I'm sure they feel the same!

Debby Vannoy said...

I have really had a terrible day. A hectic weekend tends to lead to a hectic Monday.

You make me laugh and forget the nonsense. Thank you!!!

My family would say by your menu it is Friday here every night :-)

Love Always! -- Debby