Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday menus, weddings and other stuff......

O.K. It's over. I think it was a success. The bride and groom seemed very pleased and that is what is most important to me. A lot of the guests also were complimenting the foodstuffs with crumbs falling out of their mouths while they talked.......I think that's a good sign.
Noah attended. This was his first wedding and he really did well. He was mostly quiet during the ceremony. He tends to get a little uncomfortable when things are very quiet so he loudly cleared his throat during an unusually quiet moment. I don't think it made a very big impact though since I didn't see any heads whipping around to see what in the world that noise was.

The wedding was beautiful! The pastor did a wonderful job and quite a few tears were shed. The bride and groom were beaming and so very joyful. There is no doubt in my mind that God was smiling as well. A success indeed!


This is what the cake looked like. The bottom layer was half chocolate and half vanilla. The middle was strawberry. That way the guests had their choice. (you didn't hear it from me, but some people asked for all three...gasp! ok. probably, I would have done the same thing but that's beside the point)

Needless to say, I'm sure the family is happy that this is over. I will still be cooking but it will be for them again!

Monday: Pork roast, rice and gravy, cabbage/green beans and corn (cabbage is for me*family will not touch cabbage*family says....yuchhhhh!)

Tuesday: Turkey stroganoff casserole, peas.(I put the leftover turkey from a few weeks ago in the freezer*can be made with chicken too*family LOVES this casserole*it gets gone really fast)

Wednesday: Teriyaki chicken tenders, ham fried rice, stir fry veggies.

Thursday: Pulled pork BBQ sandwiches (from Monday's leftover pork roast) baked beans, fruit salad.

Friday: Lasagna, garlic bread, salad.

Sound good? I does to me, especially after last week's sandwich festival!

5 comments:

Gene Smith said...

*Ahem* (as Noah would say), what "left over pork from Monday?" — like there will be leftovers...

Anonymous said...

That cake is freakin' awesome! You are the bomb!

Debby Vannoy said...

You are an inspiration!

The cake was a work of art! I am sure it was yummy.

The menu was also a work of art. It even made me think about what our weekly menu should be. I am sure the family will thank you for that!

Love always -- Debby

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
April said...

The cake was beautiful Robin. I am so proud of you!!!