Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Menus and New England in Autumn.......

I have noticed that I do a lot better if I post a weekly menu. I don't always follow it perfectly, but I'm usually close. It really does help keep me on track so, Monday Menus are back. They also keep my husband from harassing....er, asking me "What's for dinner?" (just kidding honey, you really don't harass me...much)

Monday: Marinated pork chops, rice pilaf, green beans, beets (beets are for me as no one else in this house will touch them)
Tuesday: Chicken New England***, egg noodles, peas, carrots
Wednesday: Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, garlic bread
Thursday: Pork roast, rice and gravy, corn, green beans
Friday: BBQ smoked sausage, mashed potatoes, spinach

***Chicken New England is my version of a chicken dish I had in Vermont (I think) during a New England vacation. My folks took me on this vacation when I was in my early 20's. We went during Autumn. It was beautiful, it was fun, and it was filled with good memories. If you have never seen the New England states in Autumn, GO!! There really are places that are breath-taking.


Basically the chicken dish is boneless chicken breast, wrapped in dried beef then baked in a very yummy sauce and served over egg noodles. If anyone just HAS to have the recipe, let me know and I will get it to you.

Ya'll have a good week and Happy Cooking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And that is why I want to move back up north.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Sounds yummy...send some of that chicken to me k?

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Oh, don't forget to go a touring this week..hint hint