Monday, May 21, 2007

Guess Who I Saw Last Night!

Go on......Guess! I'll wait.





No guesses? Well, Pops, Gene, Kevin and I were in attendance at the Alison Krauss and Union Station concert featuring Tony Rice! I really had a wonderful time. In my opinion, A K has a beautiful voice and I could listen to her sing all day long. I also love bluegrass music.....yes, I do! I love the way a banjo and acoustic guitar sound together. Add in a double bass, mandolin and dobro and I am a very happy girl.

Pops, Gene and Kevin all being guitar players enjoyed watching Tony Rice's fingers fly!

This was Kevin's first official concert and even though bluegrass may not be his favorite, I think he really enjoyed himself. He seemed to be a little in awe of it all. I see dreams of being a rock star in his future!

Many many thanks to Nonna for staying with Noah and many more thanks to Nonna and Poppy for providing the tickets. What a wonderful treat!

(side note: Gene was worried because he forgot his guitar picks and he wouldn't be able to help them out.....hmmmmm.......they never did call him up on stage.......they must not have known he was there!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they never called Gene to help!!! I saw several places where a "twelve string" would have made all the difference.I sure did enoy it too, and you are so very welcome. Poppy