Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pretty Darn Close..........

Well. The Smith's bit the bullet and went shopping at the W-mart place for school supplies. For those not privy, this weekend is "tax free" for school related items. Mr. Smith practiced his shoving and pushing abilities on an old football training dummy we have stored in the back yard.....just kidding. We don't have one of those things.....football training dummy. We do have a back yard. Anyway, off we went.
We got clothes and supplies for Kevin and sniff sniff....Noah. **insert uncontrollable sobbing here**
When we got to the register, I said to Mr. Smith....."this is going to be $300.00".

It wasn't.

It was $299.71. Only .29 off!

AM I GOOD OR WHAT!!
I have super hero powers!
You can just call me the "Human Calculator" from now on.

ok.
nevermind.
It was just a lucky guess. It did feel kinda good to look like I was really smart for a change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Carl and I play that game, too! I'm never that close. I knew you were good at your MOPS position.

We ate at Steak and Shake with the Tysons today, and we raised our shakes to you, Tonya and Cathy. Miss you. See you next weekend again! We have an office closing party to attend, so we're coming home again!!!!

April said...

Shoo, kids sure cost a bundle don't they! But they sure do make life a lot better.

Glad you braved the crowd's and got 'er done. Now them boys will be super stylin!

Anonymous said...

I spent just about the same amount. I went to walmart for the tax free weekend too and bought Noelle's school supplies, some for me too and then a few other necessity items totaling $301 and some change. Man, that walmart guy sure is getting rich off all us!!
~~Theresa~~