Sunday, July 29, 2007

Words I Miss.....

As all children do, Noah had some words that he mispronounced terribly. The fact is, I really miss those words. I almost cried each time when he started pronouncing them correctly. This is a list of some of those precious words. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!





  1. Co-pop-a-tate = Cooperate. This happened one day when I was trying to put a very wiggly Noah into his car seat and I said "Noah, would you please cooperate?" He said " Mommy, I AM co-pop-a-tating!!" Gene and I still use this one often.....

  2. Kemin = Kevin. This habit of turning v's into m's happened in all words ending in "vin" or ''ven" such as seven, heaven, eleven....you get the picture. Gene and I still call the 15 year old....Kemin.

  3. Trigiggle = triangle. I used to make him say his shapes numerous times a day just so I could hear him say trigiggle. He doesn't like to do shapes anymore. I wonder why?

  4. Budnets = buttons. In the Smith household, we refer to the remote control as the buttons. They are now, and will forever be, budnets.

  5. Mobsters = lobsters. While grocery shopping, Noah would spy the lobster tank and start yelling "mobsters, mobsters, can I see the mobsters?!" People would usually look around expecting to see that Tony guy from the gangster show but alas, all they saw was sea creatures.

  6. Smokesnack = smokestack. With his ginormous collection of trains and train books, this word brought us many hours of entertainment!

  7. Scamo = Cozmo. Scamo, um I mean Cozmo is our big dog.

  8. Firtday = birthday. Are we going to a firtday party? When is my firtday? (singing) Happy firtday to you...... Try it. It's kinda catchy!

  9. Feepaway = Felipe. It is a character on Handy Manny on Disney. TOO CUTE!

  10. Anything starting with and "L" was pronounced with a "W". Look = wook. Louder = wowder. Best of all......Love = wub. (as in "I wub you mommy") Doesn't get any better than that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Ted and I talk about them all the time. Brennan is finally getting his L sound down. Ethan may not really talk, but he has mastered "Melmo" for Elmo. The funny thing is he doesn't watch the show. It is all from the diapers that the other two are obsessed with finding Elmo for him to wear every time. It is sad to watch them grow up.

Robin said...

I agree Karen. It is sad...sniff sniff.

Unkempt Mommy said...

AWW! So cute! My family has all kinds of silly words that they STILL USE from when I was mispronouncing things as a toddler. I guess it never goes away. My mom said that I LOVED to mess with door knobs and locks. Every time someone shut a door, I begged for someone to lift me up so I could play with the lock....I would whine emphatically, "Yemme yock a dur!!!!" My dad still uses that phrase in his every day language. LOL

GrandCanyonMom said...

It's awesome how they steal our hearts in the most innocent ways! We also have our list of household words that we will use for years to come. Delainey currently says "globsters" for lobsters and called Pet Smart, "Pets Fart"- that one was a little embarassing.

I wonder if this issue is a display of God's sense of humor. I mean, I'm sure this happens in all languages all over the world and for all generations. Makes you wonder if people like Adam and Eve or Sarah and Abraham laughed over their children mispronouncing words!