Monday, July 23, 2007

A Sweet Moment...

Noah, Kevin and I went to see my friend Heather in the hospital. She had just had a new baby brother for Noah's friend Jayden. The new baby brother's name is Xavier. It is quite comical to hear Jayden and Noah try to pronounce "Xavier".

After we got into to room and said our hello's, Heather let me hold the beautiful little guy. About 2.7 seconds after I got him in my arms, the conversation went something like this.....

Noah : "NO. Put him back!"
Me: "No, I am going to hold him for a little while."
Noah: " Ummmm, ok"

After a little bit of fidgeting and averting of the eyes, Noah decided to come sit by me and baby Xavier.

Me: "Isn't he cute Noah?"
Noah: "yes" (lengthy pause filled with silence) "Can I sing to him a lullaby?"
Me: (sniff sniff) "Yes of course you can baby"
Noah: (singing) "Twinkle Twinkle little star........" (you know the rest)

He sang the whole song so sweetly and softly that I was wondering if aliens had taken over my Noah's body or something but upon finishing his song, he jumped onto the hospital bed with Heather and immediately started pushing the buttons to change the TV channel and volume and "NO NOAH! DON'T PUSH THE RED BUTTON!!!"
Whew! Aliens are gone and Noah has returned.
I was getting worried!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robin your stories are such a treat to read. I hope you are saving the somewhere for Noah. He will love the someday. Aunt Linda
More pictures are needed