Saturday, January 3, 2009

Never knew fire could be so cool......

Yesterday Noah, Gene and I went to the North Charleston Fire Museum. This place is really REALLY cool! It has fire fighting equipment from back in the 1800's, a play area for the kiddos, Charleston history, lots and lots of fire trucks and quite a few inter-active areas. It really was a good place for all ages and I recommend it to everyone in the area. Here are a few pics from our outing. Just walkin' around......takin' it in.


















Playing the fire tool match up game.



Noah and daddy trying to lift the 100 lbs of equipment and protective gear a fireman has to carry!


Noah was very fascinated by a short film about fire safety (in the background). We watched it together as a family twice, just Noah and I once and finally when mom and dad would no longer sit through it......he plopped down outside the viewing area and watched it by himself!



This is daddy studying on how to become an arsonist....um, I mean learning about arson..yeah, that's right.


Oh yeah. I was there too. Why did we all dress in red? We kind of blended in with all the trucks!


Y'all in the Charleston area.......GO. It's a good outing. Really. Go. STOP READING AND GO!


NOW!

3 comments:

D Wright said...

Jan Karon invites you to visit her website at www.mitfordbooks.com.
I know you will enjoy the site!
Happy New Year!

April said...

Yay a new post! Well, not new now but new-er. I was wondering what had happened to your blogging missy! Enjoyed it, always do!

GrandCanyonMom said...

Hey my friend! I sure miss seeing you! Hope all is well. Been meaning to get in touch with you. I can't for the life of me remember where we left off with pics. Is the ball in my court. If so, please give me a ring and let's get the ball rolling.

Love ya, miss ya,
Jaime