Thursday, October 9, 2008

9 on the 9th

Mrs N. hosts a nifty little meme over at her place, All That Naz. So I decided my 9 would be on music. Specifically hymns. I especially love hymns in four part harmony. You know, good ole quartet singin. The blue-grassier the better! The church we attend does mostly praise songs. I do love praise songs. In fact, my next 9 on the 9th post will probably be my favorite praise songs. For today, 9 of my favorite old hymns......

1. Have a Little Talk With Jesus - Cleavant Derricks
2. I'll Fly Away - Albert E. Brumley
3. O Come, Angel Band - William B. Bradbury
4. Where the Soul Never Dies - Wm. M. Golden
5. It Is Well With My Soul - P. P. Bliss Horatio Spafford wrote the words. Read his story here. It's incredible! (this is my father's favorite too)
6. He Leadeth Me - William B. Bradbury
7. Christ the Lord Is Risen Today - Charles Wesley
8. Must I Go And Empty Handed - Charles C. Luther
9. Amazing Grace - John Newton

5 comments:

Angela Nazworth said...

These are all so wonderful...I grew up singing old hymns and the messages is they carry...oh so deep. Thank you so much for playing.

Miranda said...

I love hymns as well. They are so comforting in the darker hours of life.

Good to meet you! Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a Noah as well! :)

April said...

I have always liked the old hymns, but now that I get to sing them every Sunday I LOVE them! Our church chooses to keep the old time traditions and I am so grateful. You can really feel Jesus in your heart after singing a few of these!

Jaime Kesler Photography said...

Robin,
Time to start blogging again! How am I going to keep up on you if you're not blogging?
Miss you!
Jaime

GrandCanyonMom said...

WHERE ARE YOU?????