Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 re-visited.....

We have had a good year.

We are very blessed because I know there are a lot of people that aren't able to make that statement. I reflect back on this year and see so many that have suffered with so many different issues. Everything from loosing a loved one, to problems with kids not making good decisions, to health problems. Now don't get me wrong. We have had small doses of all those problems and more. The important word in that sentence was "small". When compared to some of the trials others have gone through this past year, well, let me just say that we were very fortunate. I know that won't always be the case. I hope and pray that whatever lies ahead for us, we will face it with courage and grace. That we continue to trust that God will be right here with us through it all and will always have his loving arms around us.

I am really looking forward to 2008. During this coming year we will have a boy turn 5, a teenager turn 16 (gasp) and a young man turn 20 *insert scream here*. We will continue to try to "train them up in the way". That may require some restriction, time out, butt kickin and wooden spoon wielding but I know for sure that the main requirements are lots of love, understanding and constant prayer. Pray that we keep on track with God's will for these boys. I know I have made many mistakes and I know I will make more, I just pray that I will not "damage" these children that God has blessed me with! I read a line in a book earlier this week that said that mothers don't have children, we receive them. How true! They really are gifts from God and although there are certainly times when I feel that one or more of them may have been a gag gift, they are a gift none the less!

I hope that you, all two of my loyal readers, have a "small issues" kind of year in 2008. For those that may have a "big issues" 2008, you will have my help and my prayers.

My prayer for today is that we are all able to lay that spiritual foundation that Curt talked about today. That no matter what 2008 brings, we will be prepared to get through it with God.

A safe and happy new year wish to both of you!!!